Stefan> m€ and m$ would be millieuros and millidollars.  How could
Stefan> anyone need anything like that?

On this side of the pond, fuel prices per gallon are quoted in m$;
I presume they quote m$ per Litre in CA, though it has been long
enough that I cannot be sure what I remember about ON stations....

Presorted bulk mail in the states is priced such that the per-item
rates are not integral cents; you can even buy stamps at rates like
14.xxx ¢.  I could see people discussing those using m$ or even µ$.

However, the specific places *I* used m$ were in micropayment
discussions.

Stefan> And why use c$ and c€, wouldn't ¢ be just as good?

You'll not I didn’t use centi.

-JimC