JimC> I'm sure things like m€, k€, M€ and even G€ will come into use,
JimC> though I expect more will use them in front of the digits.

Anto'nio> Perhaps, but that would be incorrect, methinks: Using SI
Anto'nio> preffixes implies that one is adopting the said unit (the
Anto'nio> euro, in this case) as if it were a SI unit itself -- and
Anto'nio> thus all other formal rules of the SI would apply. This
Anto'nio> includes the rule about (number)+(nbsp)+(unit symbol).

They aren’t really SI preficies in this context.  Milli, centi, kilo,
mega and giga (at least) have part of the global lexicon; terra is
not far behind (especially if disk sizes continue to grow).

They are being used more as metric prefices than as SI prefices.

-JimC