Sof Pasuq is used in the Bible and in prayer books etc. What you saw seems
like colon and period.

Yes, when you design a Hebrew font you could make the punctuation agree with
the Hebrew letters. For example, inverting the comma.

BTW, I don't think anyone would require Sof Pasuq and other Hebrew
punctuation for syntax characters. Hebrew is data in most programming.

Jony