At 18:26 -0400 2003-10-16, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

(We're now *trying* to do more data interchange in Klingon characters, the lack of which is what held Klingon back from encoding in the first place... but we *can't* because we're not encoded! What a catch-22!)

But we determined that the users of the Klingon language normally write it with Latin letters. Were Okrand's dictionary to be reprinted in Klingon characters and were people to actually use them, Klingon might be considered to be an actual script used for Klingon. But currently, the evidence is that it is just a cypher for Latin.
--
Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com