From: David J. Perry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 8:52 PM
To: Ostermueller, Erik
Subject: RE: creating a test font w/ CJKV Extension B characters.

Erik,

If you go to my web page at
http://scholarsfonts.net/Adding%20Supplementary%20Chars.pdf you will
find info that will enable you to get U+20050, or other characters
outside the BMP, into a font.  There are a number of other issues
regarding support for Far Eastern fonts, particularly when they must
have more than 64,000 glyphs, that I know nothing about.  But the page I
refer to above will enable you to do what you describe in your message.
If you are not experienced with fonts, I'd suggest getting somebody's
permissino to use a set of Latin characters rather than creating your
own, since there's quite a learning curve involved.  Then add the one
SIP character you need.

Regards,
David