On Behalf
> Of Michael Everson

> Microsoft Office on OS X does not support Unicode.

My understanding is that Word for Mac in MS Office Mac versions since
Office 98 have used the same file format as Windows versions -- Word 97
and later. That means that Word for Mac can read files containing any
Unicode characters. Input and rendering, however, are limited to legacy
codepages supported by the Mac OS. Thus, e.g. you should be able to work
with Chinese text (at least some Chinese characters), but you wouldn't
be able to work with Ethiopic text.

Peter

Peter Constable
Microsoft Windows Division