Philippe Verdy <verdy underscore p at wanadoo dot fr> wrote:

> The question of Latin letters with two diacritics added in Latin
> Extension B does not seem to respect this constraint, as it is not
> justifed in the Vietnames VISCII standard that already does not
> contain characters with two diacritics, but already composes them
> with two characters in the limited CCS set.

Not true.  If you like, I can send you a copy of the VISCII report
showing not only the mappings, but also their justification.  The
Viet-Std organization went to great lengths to avoid combining
characters, even, as John said, to the point of encoding six graphic
characters in the C-zero control area.

Perhaps you are thinking of Windows code page 1258, which includes many
precomposed letters, but none in the Latin Extension B block, and does
require combining marks for vowels with two diacritics.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/