> What little
> I know about the phnek moan makes it seem peculiar that its Line Break
> class is NS.  Is there truly a distinction between how these two characters
> are used in their respective scripts that makes this difference warranted,

Dunno.

> or is this a possible error in the standard

Possibly.

> that deserves official scrutiny?

Certainly, if it is wrong.

By the way, this is the kind of thing which *can* be fixed in
the standard, if shown to be problematical.

This deserves some research by people who know something about
how these characters do in fact behave in line-breaking, and
then, if a change is in order, a documented proposal explaining
the problem and the suggested fix could be submitted to the
UTC for consideration.

--Ken