Title: RE: Thai Fongman and Khmer Phnek Moan

Insofar as both AL and NS are informative properties, how much does in matter?

I cannot find any discussion of the Thai fongman in NECTEC's book on typography. It is described in the names list as a bullet. The Royal Institute's Thai dictionary defines ¿Í§Áѹ as "name of a type of symbol used in old books to mark the beginning of a section [this word can also mean a paragraph or verse, or blank lines separating them] or the start of a line [either poetry or prose]". So, the description "bullet" seems reasonable.

Other bullets have a breaking class of AL, so that seems appropriate for the Thai fongman.

I have no info regarding the Khmer counterpart.

Peter

Peter Constable

Microsoft Windows Division