At 02:46 -0700 2004-05-06, Peter Constable wrote:

I think it has been established that those that use square Hebrew characters (apart from Hebrew paleographers) do not find text in PH to be legible as Hebrew. And it seems like the concern you and Debbie expressed for the right fonts is more like this and rather of a different order than what we'd normally consider a typographic preference -- if square Hebrew glyphs show up where you want PH (or vice versa), then it's just plain wrong as far as your purposes are concerned, and would be mis-interpreted as the wrong thing -- that means a failure wrt being legibly distinct.

That's what I said about setting Yiddish in Phoenician, isn't it? -- Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com