At 07:34 -0700 2004-05-04, Peter Constable wrote:

 > 05BA;HEBREW POINT QAMATS QATAN;Mn;18;NSM;;;;;N;;*;;;

Well, of course, the effect of this is that a sequence of < qamats,
qamats qatan > is not canonically equivalent to < qamats qatan, qamats
 >. No harm in that, but also not especially useful, I suspect.

Mark Shoulsons says that since QAMATS QATAN is a flavour of QAMATS, it should behave like QAMATS. Regarding canonical equivalence, having both QAMATS and QAMATS QATAN on a single base letter would be pathological, so it doesn't really matter.

I would probably leave the value at 220. That is what all of the Hebrew
vowel points should have been, IMO. Though getting one right doesn't
make a huge difference -- people are still going to be using CGJ to
preserve particular sequences in the cases this will most likely be
needed.

Mark says that "should have been" is great, but fixing one point is of no particular utility.

For my own part, I have no strong view on this matter.