John Hudson wrote:

Michael Everson wrote:

If you people, after all of this discussion, can think that it is possible to print a newspaper article in Hebrew language or Yiddish in Phoenician letters, then all I can say is that understanding of the fundamentals of script identity is at an all-time low. I'm really surprised.

I can't believe anyone is even talking about typesetting newspapers in Hebrew or 'Phoenician' letters: this is a total irrelevancy. I wouldn't typeset a Russian newspaper in 'vyaz style letters, either, but that doesn't make it a separate script from Cyrillic. Treating particular letterforms as glyph variants of existing characters does not imply that these letterforms are suitable for any text that might be encoded with those characters. So far as I can tell, no one is arguing such nonsense.

The Samaritan newsletter A-B is available both in Square Hebrew and in Samaritan-script editions.

~mark