> Use of ​ is perfectly appropriate to allow line breaks.
> What is not yet being done is to *disallow* line breaks in the dates;
> that is a mistake, since IE will break in dates and numbers, e.g.
> the number -
> 3.

Yes, but... In this particular set of files, no matter *HOW* narrow I made
the windows, I couldn't seem to get Netscape to line-break within the date
field. IE line-breaks more stupid^H^H^H^H^H^Hreadily, but you have to make
the window unreadably narrow to do so. It thus seemed not important to
insert break positions before every "-" in the whole file, or even in the
date field(s). For IE we could just set "nowrap" on the cells (or even just
the first cell!), instead of inserting ZWSPs all over. I would find that
preferrable.

        Rick