I didn't mean it unkindly, though :-) It's just that it looks rather blocky. Also I think the developers themselves declare it to be "ugly, but complete", if I remember correctly.

/jan

Leonardo Boiko wrote:
Unifont is not ugly for its intended purpose: a bitmapped, fixed-width
16-pixel font.  It’s great for terminals or Emacs IMHO, as long as
your monitor resolution isn’t too high…

I don’t know Chinese so I can’t vouch for coverage, but Wen Quan Yi
seems to be the most popular open-source Chinese font (the hànzì in
Unifont are actually based on it, IIRC).  The website is
http://wenq.org/enindex.cgi , but it’s pre-packaged for all major
distros.