On 6/2/2014 2:53 PM, Markus Scherer wrote:
On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 1:32 PM, David Starner <prosfil...@gmail.com <mailto:prosfil...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I would especially discourage any web browser from handling
    these; they're noncharacters used for unknown purposes that are
    undisplayable and if used carelessly for their stated purpose, can
    probably trigger serious bugs in some lamebrained utility.

I don't expect "handling these" in web browsers and lamebrained utilities. I expect "treat like unassigned code points".

I can't shake the suspicion that Corrigendum #9 is not actually solving a general problem, but is a special favor to CLDR as being run by insiders, and in the process muddying the waters for everyone else.

A./