No, James is mistaken. Georgian is structurally casing, and the difference is
not stylistic, but orthographic.

Other people made the argument you are making, Alex. My Georgian colleagues and
I made the better, more accurate argument. Now Georgian users will be able to
use Mtavruli in plain text, which is what they want to do.

Michael Everson