Hello friends,

I sent this query to Michael Everson directly on Feb. 19 but did not hear
anything back. I assume that he was too busy to respond, perhaps I even broke
some unwritten rule of etiquette, for which I apologize; so I am hoping that
someone on the mailing list knows the answer instead.

I am the author of an open source blackletter typeface based on, but not
exactly the same as, the typeface used in the 1611 King James Bible and
facsimile reproductions of the same named in homage
"https://github.com/ctrlcctrlv/kjv1611";. Although named such, I include as many
glyphs as I can whether they existed in the 1611 KJV or not, as long as they
were used in English blackletter typesetting generally.

I am trying to find examples of the glyph encoded as U+A76C (Ꝭ), the so-called
Latin Capital Letter Is. I have found
https://www.bl.uk/treasures/festivalbooks/pagemax.aspx?strFest=0073&strPage=1
and examples of its younger brother, the so-called Latin Small Letter Is
encoded as U+A76D (ꝭ).

I checked https://www.unicode.org/L2/L2006/06027-n3027-medieval.pdf to encode
these letters, and unfortunately found there no proof of the existence of the
capital variant. Is it a dreaded
http://archives.miloush.net/michkap/archive/2011/12/14/10247653.html? How
should I handle this in my font?

Best,