I think of Python's so-called generators as being more analogous to co-expressions than generators. For C++/Java people, they look similar to iterators. I am not asserting that these analogies are all that accurate or useful; they are just how I think about it.

Clint Jeffery wrote:

Python recently added "generators" but really
botched it in comparison to Icon, and Converge does much better than
Python in that regard.