I've been wondering about how we as a community go forward with contributions.  When it was just Icon, we sent them to UofA and they were added and organized by the folks there.

The IPL doesn't seem to have a parallel tree for Unicon and I'm not aware of a UPL.  Everything seems to be in the uni directory. Yet something seems to be missing.

Some programs can be written that support both dialects, however, it is becoming more difficult to forego the benefits and temptations of Unicon.

These have been touched on in earlier threads such as "unicon progs repository ... " and "Bilingual icon/unicon procedures?".

Some contributions are logical extensions of Unicon procedures and can be integrated into the distribution.  Many won't be.

One of the nice things about the IPL is the online index.  I still use it regularly.  It's harder to find out what's new in the uni directory.

Unless I've missed something, I see a possible disconnect coming over contributions.

Perhaps all that's needed is some indexing and documentation?

Another question that arises is how to proceed so that the common parts of the IPL and UPL/uni contributions don't get out of sync.  I'm not sure what is happening at UofA and who would even be available to coordinate.

David