In a message dated 12/1/2004 9:16:21 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I was thinking more in terms of "historic" (well, "period" would admittedly be a more appropriate term) stainless steel "teardrop" streamlined Airlite jobs, than the cheap tacky vinyl-covered double-wides you see in the -- ugh -- suburbs and along those rural highways and byways of places like -- if you'll pardon the _expression_ -- South Jersey.
Personally I'd go for a Winnebago. There was one parked out in front of the Vet School for several months until they started heavy duty construction. Much more nomadic and mobile than a mere trailer -- you can just fire up the engine and leave when necessary. (I've never tried this myself; merely speculating.)

Now I'm not talking about yer flashy modern Winnebagos, but about the classic Supremo model c. 1958. That's the style us preservationists go for. Hell, before Redford got a motorcycle he was seriously thinking about purchasing a Winnebago. But then he backed out. Went into salad dressings or some nonsense instead.

(from the Winnebago Homepage)

Corporate Information
Our Story  -- in  the mid-1950s Forest City, Iowa, was looking at a bleak future. The farm economy was down and young people were leaving this rural area. Forward-looking members of the community set about bringing industry to town.

In 1958, businessman John K. Hanson and others convinced a California company to open a travel trailer factory in Forest City.
After a rough start, the operation was purchased by five Forest City residents and John K. Hanson became president. In 1960 the name of the company was changed to Winnebago Industries.
To improve quality, Winnebago Industries manufactured furniture and other components designed specifically for its travel trailers.
In 1963 a wall construction process called Thermo-Panel was developed. It provides a strong, yet lightweight and well insulated sidewall. Innovations such as these resulted in a dramatic increase in the companyâs sales.

In 1966 the first motor home rolled off the Winnebago Industries assembly lines. Through use of the assembly line and other manufacturing innovations in the motor home industry, Winnebago Industries could produce a motor home that sold for half the price of competitorsâ models.