From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:
Thursday, February 17, 2005 2:40 PM
To: univcity@list.purple.com
Subject: [UC] Tone of List

Just wanted to let you know, I've gotten a lot of emails over the past few months from people who (like myself) are reluctant to post to this list because some of the just dowright rude comments certain posts have engendered.  This is really too bad, because it means that we are missing out on informative/interesting/humorous commentary relevant to our neighborhood. I honestly think, that while some of exchanges are amusing, little in-jokes and repartees, are not really appropriate to this list - would be more appropriate to personal email.  I have hear my view of this stated numerous times in numerous ways, by other posters.  Hopefully, in time this will change.  It is not about censorship or limiting free speech, it is about common courtesy.

Marlene Levy