Excuse me very much, but this is TOTAL bullshit. God I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard this hackneyed sentiment conveyed on the Internet. Have you ever heard of a little thing called LITERACY?? People have been conveying tones, facial expressions :), *stress*, whatever you like, on the WRITTEN PAGE for several friggin millennia now. If you wanna read email, learn the arts of electronic reading and writing.

Just stop and think about it a little bit. Communication is communication. If you want to hear tone of voice and see facial expressions buy a fucking videophone. Or watch TV or something. Email is a medium for highly literate people who enjoy reading.

Also, if what's produced on this list bothers you and the other old ladies so much, UNSUBSCRIBE. You can get all the news you want on UC-ANNOUNCE, and the kulchural stuff on CULTURE. I TRUST I AM NOT LEAVING A WHOLE LOT OPEN TO INTERPRETATION!!!!!

Steamed,