-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of B Andersen
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:47 AM
To: UnivCity@list.purple.com
Subject: Re: [UC] We're Paying This Loopy Bryn Mawr Student $180,000???

Look, we know that Ross won't make any apologies for his seemingly
insensitive remarks. What surprises me is that the listserve sherriff
hasn't called him to the carpet for posting non-UC related topics to the
UC list.

This whole saga is a story of bad judgement all around, and is a good
example of how draconian our law enforcement can be. The student in
question may have made a silly choice by putting the stuff in her
baggage, but it's pretty clear that law enforcement over reacted and got
their facts wrong. Was she targeted because she was Asian, maybe. Did
she get different treatment afterwards than others may have because of
who she was, probably ... but that's all speculation.

In Philadelphia, we tolerate poor political leadership and management -
and this is just another example of how it comes back to haunt us.

On 1/9/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] < [EMAIL PROTECTED]