Around 11pm this past Saturday evening on the 4800 block of Warrington Ave, a
friend and i were targets of an attempted robbery.  No one was injured, and
nothing was taken; we're fine.

I'm still mad, though.  The other night, i was yelling as loudly and as foully
as i know how in the middle of a quiet residential street.

No extra lights came on.

No one opened a door or a window to see what the fuss was about.

As far as i can tell, no one called 911 to report the fight in the street.

The aggressor finally ran off as a car turned onto the street.  I walked up to
that car, waving my arms and gesturing for the driver to stop.  The tires
rolled by inches from my boots.

The car barely slowed down.

The driver didn't even turn to look at me.

Maybe if it had, the police could have been out fast enough to catch the stupid
jerk.  By the time we reached a safe house and made the call, the would-be
robber had also found a safe place.  That person is still out there (i'm not
posting a description because it matches how many thousand people in this city
and won't help you any more than it did Southwest Detectives) looking for the
next mark.  That person is still out there because someone refused to even look
at a couple of scared kids in the street, because a whole block full of people
didn't go see what was happening.

I know you all have plenty of kvetching to do about free range doggies and
local real estate & Realtors (tm) and little green men and
McPenntrification-Friends of Clark Park-Illuminati conspiracy theories, so i'll
let you carry on.  Just keep an eye on the real world, too.