I don't know how many of you knew Penny..I did..she was a super lady!

Her spirit will be missed.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Linda Wiedmann
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 6:13 PM
To: pfsni
Subject: CPB

http://www.upenn.edu/almanac/volumes/v53/n17/obit.html#pb

Penny Burdon, Faculty Senate
Penny Burdon

Carolyn "Penny" Burdon, retired executive assistant in the Faculty
Senate Office, died on December 6. She was 65 years old.

Coming to Penn in 1971, Ms. Burdon, CGS '81, served in the Faculty
Senate Office for 31 years, retiring in 2002. During her time at Penn,
she became increasingly knowledgeable of University and Faculty Senate
rules. Ms. Burdon not only assisted the Senate Chair but also advised on
policies, procedures and rules. "She was relentlessly organized,
maintained an extraordinary institutional memory, and was truly
dedicated and immersed in the life of the University Faculty
Senate,"said Dr. Neville Strumpf, past-chair of the Faculty Senate,
Edith Clemmer Steinbright Professor in Gerontology and Director of the
Center for Gerontologic Nursing Science.

A memorial service is being planned for February. Details will be
published in Almanac.

Penny was also an original member of PFSNI, and president of friends of
Clark Park when she lived on Baltimore Ave.