There is a rumor ...in the meeting he was told "We don't pay
dividends to Negro Boys" and we all know what happened next.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Bender [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 2:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Philip Forrest; UnivCity listserv; culture@list.purple.com
Subject: Re: [UC] Anybody Carpooling to the Cassidy Opening Tonight?

On 2/16/07, S. Sharrieff Ali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Couple of things here..If you agree Phillip his comments are not
politically correct
then you should have hit the delete key on your own post just after you
wrote it.

We are living in a very important time and we all need to rise to the
occasion. We are
in a new millennium where we should leave the past behind us, all the
hurt and mistakes.

Even someone as witty as Ross can make a mis-step in judgment when
writing or referring
to another race in a way that traditionally has been offensive.

The words "Negro" and "Boy" shouldn't be used today when referring to
black men and you
defiantly don't want to use them in a statement together.

I don't want to hear it on this list, on my street from a neighbor, or
anywhere else for that matter.

It belongs in the past.

-

Sharrieff --  My offensive post was inspired by two things -- 1) the way
people on this list have suggested that when it snows, it's a charitable
thing to do to let the "kids" walking around with snow shovels earn some
"spending money for the holidays" and 2) watching two perfectly healthy
Penn kids having an older African-American gentleman shovel out their
car on Baltimore Avenue yesterday. No doubt they thought they were doing
him a big favor.

Anyhow, I hope we can count on your getting your black ass to the
opening tonight.

Oh, and in case anybody's still keeping track, what was the ethnicity of
the crazy real-estate investor who killed five people downna Naval Yard
this week?

Ross