In a message dated 2/26/2007 1:01:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The  Libertarian just wants to tweak the AFHD supporter for her ongoing
role in  supporting changes which impose added expense and bureaucracy
upon the rest  of us.

Not in the least.

Property rights is not a simple one-size-fits-all issue. And I realize that
expecting someone to parse all the intricacies of list postings, that haven't
been edited to their succinct essence, is asking a lot.

But I anticipated this sort of misunderstanding when I thought I was  being
careful to say something about the fact that zoning pre-dated any of  our
coming to the neighborhood and therefore provided the basis of a reasonable
expectation about uses of property that would affect us. The idea was that, if
no
zoning existed, we could have no such expectations so neighbors trying to
impose their biases on us was a violation of our property rights. But,  since
there is existing zoning, then neighbors trying to change it -- and  therefore
short-circuiting our reasonable expectations -- is just as much a  violation.

As for added expense and bureaucracy, that was an issue with historic
designation (a dead horse, notwithstanding Mike Hardy's gratuitous penultimate
comments in his otherwise unobjectionable article about two porches on  Osage
Avenue in the UCReview)  but doesn't seem to apply here.

Always at  your service and ready for a dialog ® brand resident and housing
provider,
Al Krigman

http://www.aol.com.