"
If I were to return to teaching, I would choose an Indian reservation.
You can keep these big city schools.
sk"

Honestly, every time I see a story on the news about yet another
suburban school on lockdown, or shut down for several days because of
death threats, hit lists, and crazy students wielding shotguns, I'm
grateful that my children are at two of these big city schools.

There is a very simple way to stop the current epidemic of fires at WPHS
-- ban the news vans from the blovk surrounding the school.  At this
point, the media attention is driving the student vandalism.

That is not to say that there isn't a deeper, wider, problem at WPHS; it
was a hellhole when my husband was there 30 years ago and it's a
hellhole now, but as long as there's a chance to get on Fox News the
students are going to keep lighting fires.

Kathleen