Glenn, thank you for your reply.     You "got-it".

I was trying to illustrate the dangers of the proposed policy not to
mention
the city could possibly go bankrupt from all of the lawsuits associated
with the
increase in police powers. I agree that folks are in denial and looking
for a
"quick-fix" to a problem of fear and hopelessness.

Young black men are an endangered species, they need support from their
community and don't need to be further harassed and made into public
enemy
number 1.

Once we go down that road again, we may never make it back.

Internet polls are funny to me because it particularly points to another
problem
Fattah is interested in addressing, "The Digital Divide". "Grandma" and
"Pop-Pop"
or those who are underemployed, working 3 jobs to make ends meet and
don't
have working computers with a high-band width connection are not
included in
many of the polls.

Who we end up with this time around is important to us here in our hood,
as well as
across the city. I see many of the candidates for mayor trying to be all
things to all
people and not really understanding the core problems this city is
facing today.

Very soon the campaigning will be over and the presumed next mayor will
need to
actually have a plan which will take us into the future and not take us
back to the past.

Just make an informed and responsible choice.

Opportunity indeed.