Begin forwarded message:

From: "Elliot M. Stern" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 11 May  2007 5:36:48 PM EDT
To: "S. Sharrieff Ali" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [UC] Newspaper Endorsements ... "Pay-To Say"

Sorry, newspapers' editorial boards' rights to endorse candidates are part and parcel of their First Amendment rights. I suggest you consider the history of freedom of the press, and consider 18th century press practices the Founding Fathers protected in that amendment. I think you'll find that they were protecting practices similar to those Kathleen Turner refers to in her reply.

Elliot