That could well be true. Still, I find it hard to believe that today's students, especially at Penn, would put up with *any* kind of discipline that didn't involve a court. If a student at Roger Williams won't watch "An Inconvenient Truth" in class, what Penn student is going to sweep the street?

I know the guy who's in charge of sorority/fraternity relations. This doesn't involve him but he probably knows. I'll ask him.

Frank

On May 23, 2007, at 06:04 PM, Anthony West wrote:

Probably Penn, like most schools, has some internal disciplinary system for students who pass out in the President's flowerbed or infiltrate a live cow into the library.

-- Tony West
----- Original Message -----
From: Frank
To: UnivCity@list.purple.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: [UC] Tom Fenton on ABC News

I realize the the Penn Police are a real police department, but do they have the authority to find someone guilty and sentence them, even to community service?? It seems to me that they would be handed over to the Philadelphia Police/court system for that. At least that's what happened when I was arrested by them many years ago.

Frank