Like this at 15th & Market? I wish I could email the odor!

http://www.overheardinchat.com/oicpics/septa-001.jpg

or this at 15th & Locust (Yes, they're human!):

http://www.overheardinchat.com/oicpics/septa-002.jpg

and the world's most inappropriate slogan:

http://www.overheardinchat.com/oicpics/septa-003.jpg

No they're not!

Frank

On May 26, 2007, at 01:09 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 5/26/07 8:24:21 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The following, from today's Inquirer, is about the Center City District (CCD). It is another example of the potential for abuse by organizations such as UCD.....This article shows abuse in the form of putting a bunch of productively-employed workers -- about whose performance nobody seems to be complaining -- out of jobs based on a no-bid contract which the present people say they could have undercut if given the chance.

Krigman Al, you're really stretching things again here!

My husband read part of that article out loud to me this morning as we had breakfast. He read it because we were both stunned to find that there is a cleaning contract with SEPTA for its concourses. Have you ever *been* in the concourses? If so, have you ever seen them looking anywhere near *clean*? I love the trolleys and take them downtown every time I go. I walk in the concourses to get to the MSB building from 15th & Market, to get from Market St. back to the trolleys, and at various other points under and around City Hall. The concourses are absolutely filthy. Someone must pick up trash, because you don't see overflowing trash cans, but other than that, I can't even remotely imagine using the word "clean" to describe the conditions there.

So if it were up to me to try to make a change, I surely wouldn't renew the contract of the current "cleaner."

Lamond Melani

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.