Well, you're right of course that if the church invited Jannie and Tom to speak
that it may have been illegal and may have violated their 501c status. But
before you can go filing lawsuits, you need to know specifically that the
church _invited_  Councilwoman Blackwell and Tom Knox to speak and that it was
an offical _church function_ -- they may (I'm not a laywer) get a lot of leeway
saying "it's just some people who happened to be from the church having a
picnic and some people invited Councilwoman Blackwell and Tom Knox, the church
had no prior knowledge". And then you'll have to prove that they didn't invite
other candidates to speak. It may be a long row to hoe.

You can probably clear a lot of that up with a phone call to the church. Let us
know how it goes.