-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Glenn

> their listserv liaison and research coordinator, Melani,

I think you mis-read their statement. Lewis said very clearly that their
liaison was Lori Brenner and that all questions should go to her, NOT Melani.

>I won't have time for the list, but I'd be pleased to receive any suggestions
>on appropriate action steps in >light of the UCD stonewalling.  I plan to work
>tomorrow on the complaint to Municipal Court and make the initial
>appointment with ACLU. Apparantly, ACLU is busy because there are a lot of
>constitutinal problems.  Imagine that?

If Penn's actually illegally using prisoners in violation of their 13th
amendment rights I'm sure the ACLU will listen. And I'm sure the Inky would be
interested in picking it up too.

>By Wed. I hope to have my request to Penn officials for clarification of
>reports about a separate community court >for Penn students under the
>jurisdiction of Penn Police.  I got some good advise about that issue.

This is definitely something that could use some clarification. All the sources
we've seen seem to be, if not conflicting, at least vague. We have no idea what
this kid was busted for, if this community service was instead of a jail
sentence, or a fine, or academic action. I'd like to know myself.