Yes Liz,

Lewis Wendell did not at any time, and my ears were focused, confirm or deny
the account given by our Councilwoman, Jannie Blackwell.  He reread the
statement, we've already seen.  Late in the meeting, he asserted that all civic
associations have a "community representative."  Other than that; his lips were
sealed.

It was our Councilwoman Jannie Blackwell who reported to us about the "forced
resignation," the immediate changing of locks, the gag order (which I heard
confirmed from a reporter sitting near me), and the six month severance
package.  Of course the gag order would not be effective without the severance
package.

Councilwoman Blackwell also indicated that Paul Levy of the center city
district and "a community representative" were involved in the decision to
treat Mr. Fenton in this way.  The name of the "community representative"
happened to be "my representative" from the Spruce Hill area.

I'd like to also confirm your report of Councilwoman Blackwell's denial of
wrongdoing.  She told us she was at this rally for a very short time during a
long day.  Not having personal knowledge about the set-up process of the
reported event is highly believable.  Others on the list have turned this UCD
long term policy failure into an assault on our Councilwoman's ethics.

 Even before the Thursday meeting from the reports, it was obvious that it was
a short stop for her on a long day.  Examining the UCD policies and procedures
is what is indicated after this event; not trying to make Mr. Fenton a
scapegoat and unfairly accusing the Councilwoman of intentional wrongdoing.
Both of those directions are mean and should be exposed for what these are.

"My point, is that once Jannie made her statement, any further forays down a
path toward termination, appear to be calling our Councilwoman a "liar"."

Liz, one civic association leader on this list called my careful report about
Councilwoman Blackwell's account false. He then asserted that Mr. Lewis Wendell
clarified that the report we all heard from our city Councilwoman, Jannie
Blackwell, was false.  That leader with that post was absolutely indicating
that our city Councilwoman Jannie Blackwell was a liar, and he offered no
support to contradict either her account or my report except to assert that Mr.
Wendell clearly clarified a different truth.  Those of us in attendance know
that Mr. Wendell clarified nothing but instead asserted the existance of an
internal investigation.

This is a very serious matter, spreading false information and making false
accusations publicly, while representing a community civic association.  I've
requested that the civic association remove this leader from the association
but I have gotten no response.  The individual said what he said, and he
identified himself as a representative of the association at the Thursday
meeting.

I want to thank you for helping to confirm the reports about the meeting and
what our Councilwoman told us about the outrageous treatment of Mr. Fenton.
It's personally good to receive corroboration of the basic facts after being
called a liar.  I've been called a liar so often.  But by the reaction of the
list, my report of the meeting appeared to be the account generally believed.
It still feels better that my report was confirmed.

Spreading misinformation, demanding secrecy and power, etc. are the roots of
what you call nasty tension.  It doesn't matter if its individuals on a
listserv or a powerful organization like UCD engaging in this.  Sometimes, I
think the folks who have been asking for clarification and answers are the
people being blamed for the nasty tension.

As I said  at the end of the meeting to Mr. Bryan, the fighting is inevitable
when those in power refuse transparency, accountability, and then engage in
extremely questionable activities.  It is the failed process that causes the
nastiness.  I know that I'm a nice person too, but I've been treated with
incredible nastiness in this failed UCD process.

I'm curious, had you heard about the UCD requirement that Karen shared with the
list?  The need for the associations to send 3 choices to UCD to receive a UCD
board rep.  I thought I knew a lot about UCD, but I completely missed that one
until Karen shared the story.

Thanks again,

Sincerely,
Glenn.