From: Anthony West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: UnivCity@list.purple.com
Sent: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 6:28 pm
Subject: Re: [UC] Reality check

Liz,

?

Perhaps you have been self-employed so long, you
don't know what it means to be "fired". I am an employee. I have been an
employee for most of the last 30 years. Let me explain to you how it
works.

?

If Councilwoman Blackwell says one of her
own employees was fired -- that employee was fired. If she says
somebody else's employee was fired -- that is not official information and it
is
trumped by the statement of that employee's real employer.

?

If Councilwoman Blackwell says I am fired, that
means nothing. If the President or the Pope says I am fired, that means
nothing.
If you or Glenn says I am fired, that means nothing. If a straw poll of UC-list
says I am fired, that means nothing. If my boss says I am fired, that means I
am
fired.

?

AQt last Thursday's meeting, 70 witnesses heard
John Fenton's boss say Fenton is on paid administrative leave. You cannot be on
paid administrative leave AND fired at the same time; they are mutually
contradictory conditions. Therefore, Fenton hasn't been fired. His job might be
in all sorts of peril, but he is not fired. This?is a common possibility
of?real life, for most real employees.

?

So Fenton isn't fired, as of today. You were at
that meeting and you heard Wendell restate Fenton has not been fired. So there
you are.

?

-- Tony West