In a message dated 6/14/2007 5:41:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, MLamond
writes:

I hereby  offer all apologies due.
I accept your apology and know you'll be more careful in the future.

I know  you declared the BID dead, but you must have sent that out as a
sympathy  message, and here I misinterpreted it as gloating.

Yes, I did state my conviction that the BID was dead. And I expressed
satisfaction that the points I've been making about it being an ill-conceived
plan
are now broadly recognized. But "delighted?" Hardly. It's a personal defeat
for those who genuinely believed it was a good idea, despite my fundamental
disagreement with them, and I regret any emotional or career pain it has caused

anyone. I can only hope that they learn something from the experience about
transparency and the spirit of compromise. There's no reason -- as I stated at
 the onset of the HD debate and again when this all began -- that these
things  have to be "winner-take-all" propositions.

I am, however, "delighted" to see by your apology that you now recognize  the
problem a person gets into when he or  she presumes to "read something into"
what somebody else says. It's so  easy to misinterpret another's motivations
based on what you "want" to  believe a person "meant" rather than taking
whatever was said -- or,  better, written -- at face value.

Well, you seemed to have learned a lesson from this and I won't pursue it
any further.

And I've learned that you can be gracious in admitting your mistakes.

Your friend and neighbor
Al Krigman