Redneck Games Get Downright Muddy

AP
 (http://news.aol.com/weird-news)

EAST DUBLIN, Ga. (July 9) -  The crowd stood at least six people deep
Saturday for the most popular  competition at the 12th annual Redneck Games -
the Mud
Pit Belly Flop.  Spectators cheered as they got splattered with red Georgia
clay, all the muddier  thanks to scattered downpours throughout the afternoon.

 ()

Barbara Bailey, also  known as "Redneck Granma," takes a dive during the Mud
Pit Belly Flop. Winner  Getty Lehman, a first-timer to the games, entered the
competition after seeing  it on YouTube.

"I'd seen it on YouTube and decided to do it," said  competition winner Geddy
Lehman, 17, of Pennsylvania, a first-timer to the  games. "It still stings a
little."

Lehman took home one of the trophies,  which come topped with a crushed beer
can.

The games started with  contestants trying to ring posts with toilet seats in
the Redneck Horseshoes  competition, and continued with Bobbin' for Pigs Feet
and a watermelon seed  spitting contest.

For Tom and Elizabeth Curry of Augusta, who set up near  the mud pit, the
games have become an annual family trip.

"Coming here is  our roots," he said. "We're rednecks every day. And it's the
best day of the  summer. Everybody's friendly and everybody's a  family."