In a message dated 7/15/07 10:40:22 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I'm sorta wondering why no one is complaining or cheering about
> parking permits being required for parts of 46th street. We got a
> notice through the door yesterday and it appears so did everyone else
> between Kingsessing and Woodland on 46th. Is this the only block going
> to permit parking?
>
> Frankly the whole thing seemed a bit sketchy to me.. I haven't heard
> of any efforts to move our block to permit parking, nor are any
> effective-by dates listed on the notice, and I can't see any need for
> it. I've *always* found a parking space on our block or at worst on
> either side of 46th on Kingsessing.
>
> -s

Who put the notice through your door?   Do you have a block captain?   Or
someone without that title, but who organizes block clean-ups, etc.?   Check
with
them to find out who is spearheading the campaign for permit parking.   Your
block can't "go to" it without a petition showing that the residents of the
block want it.   I'm not sure what percentage of signers need to be in favor of
permit parking, but that's how a block would get it.

Often, when other blocks get permit parking, there is a change in the number
of spaces available on surrounding blocks.   Folks whose cars aren't licensed
at their UC addresses can't get the permits, so if the blocks on which they
live get permit parking, they will begin parking on your block and make parking
harder for you.   Generally, the people whose cars are registered elsewhere
are students, here temporarily and often saving on their car insurance by using
their parents' addresses.

Melani Lamond

Melani Lamond, Associate Broker
Urban & Bye, Realtor
3529 Lancaster Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
cell phone 215-356-7266
office phone 215-222-4800, ext. 113
office fax 215-222-1101
2006 recipient of the Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors awards:
- Diamond award for over $8 million in sales, and
ALL SIX of the West Philadelphia awards:
- Top Lister
- Top Seller
- Top Overall Combined Volume
- Top Listing Units by Area