Uh, Al, I'm not sure your offlist threats to sue folks with whom you didn't
agree on list, could be called "deliberation" to "help participants recognize
the moral merit in their opponents' claims."

I won't miss that.

- Melani Lamond

In a message dated 7/28/07 11:38:23 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> In a message dated 7/28/2007 11:04:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
>  I'm going to unsubscribe from univcity and hope to see some of you on the
> other side where I hope to be able to provide a less antagonistic atmosphere
> for neighborhood communication.
>

>  In her book, "Why Deliberative Democracy," Dr Gutmann states, "Deliberation
> cannot make incompatible values compatible, but it can help participants
> recognize the moral merit in their opponents' claims when those claims have
> merit."
>
>  It's true that the "deliberation" on this listserv has not gone as far as
> might be desired to "help participants recognize the moral merit in their
> opponents' claims" -- perhaps because so few of us (and I do mean "us")are
> willing to acknowledge that our opponents' claims could possibly have any
> merit.
>
>  But starting another listserv, moderated no less, doesn't seem to me to be
> the best way to proceed. Personally, I prefer and make liberal use of the
> "delete" key -- figuring I can always go back to the archives or depend on
> someone who feels inclined to "quote" voluminous passages from earlier
> messages if
> there's something I later wonder whether I missed.
>  Always at your service & ready for a dialog -- or an argument as the case
> may be,
> Al Krigman

Melani Lamond, Associate Broker
Urban & Bye, Realtor
3529 Lancaster Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
cell phone 215-356-7266
office phone 215-222-4800, ext. 113
office fax 215-222-1101
2006 recipient of the Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors awards:
- Diamond award for over $8 million in sales, and
ALL SIX of the West Philadelphia awards:
- Top Lister
- Top Seller
- Top Overall Combined Volume
- Top Listing Units by Area