  From: David Toccafondi
  To: UCList
  Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 8:24 PM
  Subject: [UC] Carjacking at 44th & Larchwood

  From the "other" list:  (Thanks, Noddy.)

  Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:34:33 -0400
  From: Anthony West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Subject: [Ucneighbors] Carjacking at 44th & Larchwood
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  A woman was carjacked at 44th & Larchwood around 10:30pm last night. She
  was parking her late-model Nissan right at the corner, on Larchwood.
  Another vehicle, with two slim Black males in it, was also parked at the
  corner, on 44th St.

  As the woman was unloading her packages, accompanied by her young son,
  the two men left their car and approached her. One displayed a gun and
  told her to give her the keys to her car. They allowed her to keep her
  money and belongings. Both drove away in her car, leaving their
  stake-out vehicle parked on the corner.

  For a glum followup: when the police arrived, the woman pointed out the
  stakeout vehicle, which was still parked at the corner. The police,
  however, wrote down the license number of the vehicle in front of it,
  which belonged to a neighbor. That's the vehicle the police towtruck
  came and removed! By the time the police returned the neighbor's car,
  the robbers (it appears) had returned, picked up their stakeout vehicle
  and driven it away.

  -- Tony West