In a message dated 11/13/07 11:38:38 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Two different measures suggested that those who were decidedly opposed
> to the project slightly outnumbered those who were in favor, but that
> undecideds and neutrals were numerous, and many people expressed
> complex, ambivalent responses. I did not get the sense that either side
> was dominated by ringers who had been marshaled to make a pitch for
> their bossman, as has been seen before at some public forums in
> University City.
>

> Tony, I believe you'd already left when Chris O'Donnell got up to speak.
Some others had too, of course.   At the end of Chris' comments, he called for
show of hands:   who was in favor of the project?   A number of hands went
up.   Chris started counting, but stopped before finishing and said, well, how
many are opposed?

>From my seat at the far edge, near the back, I glanced around quickly.   I'd
swear that it was a smaller group of hands raised for "opposed."   But Chris
quickly moved on without giving us any counts, and the people with their hands
in the air put them down before anyone else had time to count. And Chris
finished up saying that more study needed to go into the project, or something
like
that, and the meeting ended.

- Melani Lamond

Melani Lamond, Associate Broker