Just last week (or so) the WaWa at 20th & Locust (Rittenhouse Square) closed.

PhillyBlog thread:
http://www.phillyblog.com/philly/center-city/52579-still-yet-another- wawa-closing.html

-cm

On Mar 10, 2008, at 1:23 PM, Joe Clarke wrote:

If you notice there are no WaWa's - except on the perimeters - within most of West or Southwest Philadelphia; the same is true for Citizens'- the "people friendly"- bank which has no real representation in West and Southwest Philadelphia. I can drive down to Cape May and pass by WaWa's at regular intervals along the route right into to the center of Cape May, itself, but it seems like the convenience store has leap-frogged over large areas of Philadelphia. I guess it's all just the ebb and flow of the free market, unless they are receiving special aid or consideration from the city or state while doing business in the city. Then it would be a problem.

Joe Clarke