In a message dated 3/24/08 1:40:56 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> speaking of 'the community' and 40th street, how much of
> 40th street do you think serves penn student housing
> residents and how much serves the 'hometown' residents? how
> well has penn praxis guided the development of 40th street
> to achieve a balance? how do you see penn praxis' role in
> future developments where campus meets community?
>
> Okay, as a "hometown resident," I feel that these places at 40th St. "serve"
me:
- Campus Copy
- Trade Winds Pet Center
- Fresh Grocer
- Metropolitan Bakery
- Marathon Grill
- the conference room at the Library, for community meetings
- PNC Bank & bank machine
- Last Word Bookshop
- Natural Shoe Store
- Post Office
- Fed Ex pickup at the Post Office
- Qdoba Mexican Grill
- Bucks County Coffee
- Sammy's (aka Rami's) Middle Eastern Food truck

Some of them (Trade Winds, Natural Shoe Store, Post Office, Sammy's, Campus
Copy) predate the more recent "development" of the area.   And the library -
well, the library would have been a victim of the development, had not the
community organizations dug our heels in REALLY HARD.   But the others are
newer
and seem like good additions to me.

- Melani Lamond

Melani Lamond, Associate Broker
Urban & Bye, Realtor
3529 Lancaster Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
cell phone 215-356-7266
office phone 215-222-4800, ext. 113
office fax 215-222-1101

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL
Home.