In a message dated 2/10/2009 1:41:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mlam...@aol.com writes:

I am copying below a letter, which is now being circulated,  sent by L&I to
neighboring properties [about the scheduled demolition] of  4224 Baltimore Ave.
 I'm not technologically able to put the letter  online where you all can
look at the actual letter, but if someone would like  to do that, I can scan &
send it to you.

The Campenella name may  ring a bell: he was the developer planning the
proposed homeless shelter at  45th & Chestnut several years ago.
Melani:

Is the city demolishing it, or is L&I just notifying adjacent
owners/residents that the demolition is taking place?

If the owner is demolishing it, maybe we better be prepared for a proposal
to build a high-rise that takes up both the lot it's on and the lot on the SE
corner of 43rd & Baltimore. If a precedence is set at 40th & Pine, who  can
say how far it will go? If OK shoehorned onto the lot at 40th & Pine,  the
argument would be weak to stop it at the edge of Clark Park where presumably
there
would be lots of space for proper setbacks, parking, a drive to pick-up  and
drop-off people, etc.

I don't have to reiterate the story of Pandora's box to suggest the
implications.

Enquiring minds want to know,
Al Krigman
Awards.  AOL Music takes you there.