Committee can help you.

From: krf...@aol.comdate: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:03:54 -0500Subject: Re: [UC]
Demolition alert: 4224 Baltimore Ave.To: UnivCity@list.purple.com

In a message dated 2/10/2009 1:41:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mlam...@aol.com writes:
I am copying below a letter, which is now being circulated, sent by L&I to
neighboring properties [about the scheduled demolition] of 4224 Baltimore Ave.
I'm not technologically able to put the letter online where you all can look at
the actual letter, but if someone would like to do that, I can scan & send it
to you.The Campenella name may ring a bell: he was the developer planning the
proposed homeless shelter at 45th & Chestnut several years ago.
Melani:

Is the city demolishing it, or is L&I just notifying adjacent owners/residents
that the demolition is taking place?

If the owner is demolishing it, maybe we better be prepared for a proposal to
build a high-rise that takes up both the lot it's on and the lot on the SE
corner of 43rd & Baltimore. If a precedence is set at 40th & Pine, who can say
how far it will go? If OK shoehorned onto the lot at 40th & Pine, the argument
would be weak to stop it at the edge of Clark Park where presumably there would
be lots of space for proper setbacks, parking, a drive to pick-up and drop-off
people, etc.

I don't have to reiterate the story of Pandora's box to suggest the
implications.

Enquiring minds want to know,
Al Krigman

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music
takes you there.