Thanks to all of you who replied; I received a lot of great information, and
I'm satisfied that it was Donovan who wrote the song, in the style of Bob
Dylan.  Now I'll have to check the leads you all provided.

Thanks again!

From: kallena...@msn.com
To: univcity@list.purple.com; ucneighb...@hector.asc.upenn.edu
Subject: [UC] Music Trivia Questions
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 12:15:01 -0500

Yesterday I was playing with a new flash drive that connects you to radio
stations from all over the world. I came across an oldies station that at one
point played a beautiful version of "Catch the Wind" that I had never heard
before and  was different from the one recorded by Donovan. I tried to learn
who the performer was so I could buy a copy of it, but had no luck.  (I later
learned that I could have gone directly to the station website and viewed the
playlist, but by the time I knew that they had dropped the song from the
playlist.)

When I googled the song title, there were some sources who said that Bob Dylan
wrote it, and others who said that Donavan wrote it.  The snippets that I was
able to listen to on Amazon, etc, was not the version I heard.

So here are my questions:  Was it Bob Dylan or Donovan who wrote "Catch the
Wind"?  Is anyone familiar with an oldies version of "Catch the Wind" by any
male male artist other than Donovan?

Thanks for any leads...