In a message dated 3/31/2010 16:42:10 Eastern Daylight Time,
mcget...@aol.com writes:

but were  you serious or were you mocking when you wished the "blessings of
Passover and  Easter" on the listserve members?
Absolutely!

The limitations of email messages makes it difficult to tell your  tone.
Sharky Uyehara used to express the same concern; I miss his posts.

I  ask this because invoking the bible in order to skewer someone you
disagree  with doesn't seem to be in the spirit of either Passover or  Easter.
In terms of creating dynamic tension Jesus tells us to sell our cloak to
buy a sword but admonishes us when we imprudently employ it. Passover was a
deadly plague for non-believers and beasts, and freedom for the Israelite
slaves. There would be no Easter without a terrible brutal sacrifice. Such
conflict is why exegesis is so much fun. The Bible remains popular because
there  is an ongoing human identification with its moral values even when they
 conflict with our actions or personal expectations.

As for  Mr. Lussenhop, he's perfectly entitled to ignore the listserv, but
he does so  at his peril, I believe.
Do you find it empowering to be brutally honest or pleasing to impart
freedom with the truth?

Thanks for reading and asking; I am honored.

Ignore the discordant's siren song; and may you know peace  as you follow
the Believer's voice of victory.

Craig