Support the people of the Susquehanna neighborhood! This is what is planned for parks, schools, rec centers and all other public spaces.

Letter in the Daily News (link below):

"IF ANY resident of the Susquehanna neighborhood had been asked if the basketball courts at the Duckrey School at 15th and Susquehanna are used and needed, the answer would be yes!

Because there was no community input, the School Reform Commission deems this land to be "unused and unnecessary."

As adults claim to be concerned about "flash mobs," and to be concerned about children being obese, a basketball court is conveyed for development without notification.

Our politicians, in a deal that lacks transparency, have started a process for development without the community's knowledge.

Community participation is owed to any community. With all the vacant land available in the 5th Council District, it was truly unnecessary to take this away from our youth! Especially to give away for $1 with the city's budget problems.

We will work to stop this unauthorized land deal!

Judith Robinson, /Philadelphia"
/

/http://www.philly.com/dailynews/opinion/20100416_Letters__Residents_had_no_input_on_land_giveaway.html?posted=y&viewAll=y#comments
/