In a message dated 6/27/2010 15:36:15 Eastern Daylight Time,
philly.jo...@gmail.com writes:

I was  surprised by the number of people that I mention the Listserve(s)
to,   (UClist and UCneighbors),   and get a blank response.

Yeah, the list has pretty much fell into disuse.

Bender does a show and there is no review. Not even a "he sucks", or "he
was his usual brilliant self nothing further to report here, move on",

The Storm From Hell passes through the Hood and the resident devil err
Republican's Wolf Manner is unscathed while carnage can be surveilled
everywhere  from his front porch.

Email about UC is so passe? Recently, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg  said,
"Email is probably going away," Perhaps, she was suggesting people  are more
comfortable seeing info directed at them in their Facebook News  Feed,
rather than in their email inboxes. Of course Frank's storm post  referred us
Facebook for storm footage.

Personally, I blame it all on Glenn and the Barking Cheese Boyz. Glenn
can't find anything not to fight over, no matter how sublime. Hey Glenn, in a
meeting with the City Controller last week, he told me 80% of the issued
trash  citations are dismissed by the Board of Adjudication when there is a
hearing.  Apparently, you're the only person who can't get a break; says a lot
for the  practice of diplomacy, the use of facts, and leaving your hubris at
home.

As for the Boyz, when you start every meetup at a bar instead of the gym,
you lose your warrior spirit. There is still a place in civil society for
hanging someone like Glenn upside down from Little Nell's little finger while
 the Ambassadors are preoccupied scoping the babes at the Green Line or
eating across the street.

Gentrification has certainly helped us reap the whirlwind .
(http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-coo-email-is-probably-going-away-2010-6#)

Ciao,

Craig